Monday, August 10, 2020

Book Review: "The Room Where It Happened" By John R. Bolton

 I really dislike leaving a bad review but I'll be brutally honest when I note that I'm so glad I'm a speed reader because books like this make me want to literally crawl out of my skin. 

With this said it bored me to tears and I'm an avid reader of political and historical novels but the usage of 'meanwhile' was ad nauseum.

If the usage didn't fluster my tail feather the lack of offering any insight other than to say -I don't know, or I never asked, or I wasn't in the room, or whatever was not quite what I expected to receive on a memoir in which the author was present for the action in question.

It seemed very safe, cautious, and nothing that would entice readers to gravitate towards more information or to seek clarity.

I made it about 1/2 way before calling in quits on this one and that's saying plenty since I waited months for this release.

Thank you to curbside pickup for this library read.


No comments:

Post a Comment