Sunday, August 30, 2020

Book Review: "The Wife" By Shalini Boland



Some books cause triggers and this my friends was one of them.

It all begins with this lovely wedding between Zoe and Toby who now have two children together ten years later and are about to celebrate the ten year mark of goodness.

No, seriously this reminds me of my own situation in which it would've probably been easier to explain had I been hit in the head but I did enjoy the anniversary pic in the paper for proof of that 50% shared retirement if I can make it to my later years.

I digress, this was meant to be a happy occasion because clearly Toby is not a serial womanizer or a narcissist -RIGHT?

Well, ladies and gents- I bring to you a man that hasn't been quite honest within his past experiences.

In fact, perhaps a bit of reflection is in need.

It seems to be Dina (the sis) is gone. Missing. She might be back...we hope.

I remember when my ex spouse once bought me flowers and needless to say he was so cheap he requested a refund and claimed they were the wrong color and didn't care for the vase.

Funny, because this story also centered upon that loving gesture of a vase but sadly it wasn't a loving gesture that took place.

In fact the alteration of memories is just part of this increasingly heavy plot.

It seems this entire marriage has been 'shattered' -no pun intended.

In fact, the clues are up for debate at the moment but it's between MIA and ...well, it's not good news.

Sometimes, I'm tipsy not because of drinking (as non drinker) nor because of drugs (though the doctors always offer) but because of vertigo.

I wonder if an injection might help in this situation as it seems everyone is just so tense, stressed, and anxiety stricken.

Ahhh...Just what the doctor ordered...now be careful because you never know who is administering this toxic substance but it'll surely keep the peace for a time being.

When, it ends the shitte will hit the fan.

Thank you to Shalini, the pub, NetGalley, and Amazon Kindle for this ARC in exchange for this honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment