Sunday, August 30, 2020

Book Review: "Dance Away With Me" By Susan Elizabeth Phillips



Pardon my apologies for not being familiarized with "SEP" as she's become known to her loyal and devoted followers.

This was my first in this category of chick lit, woman's fiction, romance, humor, and more genre with SEP but certainly not my last.

Dance Away With Me struck many chords with me including the birthing section with midwives as I myself gave birth 3x alone while married to a malignant narcissist who we can say was 'busy.' Wink-Wink-Nod-Nod!

If you get my drift then you know why romance isn't my go to genre as you could've walked past this man butt naked w/o so much as a "HELLO" but seriously this was a departure from my norm and was a nice change of pace.

It begins with a widow and a street artist but ends with so much more.

Character development was top notch with superb details especially in portraying the accuracy of the emotions that came flooding through every page.

Tess as we may note probably could've used some TLC or at the very least some therapy on her end to deal with her own grievances but she's extremely busy at the moment.

Meanwhile, Ian is much the same but this forced arrangement is quite intriguing on a wider scale and developed before it all came into play upon this smashing chemistry.

Many serious topics are discussed such as miscarriage, sex ed for teens, depression, and death in childbirth.

However, the author delicately addresses the issues and doesn't simply let them fall into the open without discussion.

I'm very pleased my library had this new work available for the taking sitting in plain sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment