Sunday, August 30, 2020

Book Review: "One To Watch" By Kate Stayman-London




“I'm afraid that you're looking for your next chapter, and I'm looking for the whole rest of the book.”― Kate Stayman-London, One to Watch

Ok, folks here's my issue with all this, ...Why must men and women sell themselves for attention?

I understand the Bachelor and Bachelorette and the side shows are popular but seriously they are craving attention, they are rating bonanzas, and they are strictly for shock and awe value.
I just don't get why anyone would subject themselves to this utter nonsense with men who kiss more women than they can dream in a lifetime in an hour long tv show or whatever format is chosen.

I digress but it's to me cheesy because we are taught hopefully at an early age that we are all made in the image and likeness of God.

We are to love ourselves and our bodies and not flaunt what our momma's gave us.

Why can't we be happy flying solo or at whatever weight we feel comfortable because it ain't that BMI that determines my happiness nor is it the darn scale of horror.

I've not used either and prefer the old way of -if the clothes are too tight- you cut back those cals.

Ok, well anyway this was good but the idea of txt, emails, etc..in the social world rather than a novel format was not my thing.

It took away from the story and made it less engaging and interactive.

Thank you to Bibliotheca for this e-read copy in exchange for this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment